Saturday, June 25, 2011

Better times ahead!

its 9:49am EST.
I'm waiting for my connection to Vancouver. I'm sitting in the airport in Toronto, listening to a wonderful mixture of English and French over the PA. Admittedly, the French language is just glorious to the ear; as far as I know they could be telling everyone that they all look like they have mad cow disease, and it would sound fabulous to me.
Still I promised to keep you abreast of the journey as it goes..... Yesterday Richard came to RDU to leave his rental vehicle, so I considered it wise to take BIG ORANGE to see how much weight I'd have to drop. Turns out, she was 21.5 lbs over the limit, so I took her home and got rid of about 7 lbs. I was just plum tired when I called Air Canada to verify the checked bag allowance, so when they told me that there would be a 30 minute wait until someone would be on the line, I HUNG UP!
When I arrived at the airport on the 24th, I was told that I cold have brought 2 bag to check.....but I'd only carried a small tote that I was going to give to hubbie to take the overage home with. I used that to check the overage, snapping a plastic zip tie between to zippers and sending it through the conveyor. The lines were abnormally long, and once again hubbie is waiting at the head of security check in so that he can carry anything they deem (unable to board).
Once that is over....not without a small mic cord comes up on the scanner, so TSA must "look inside your bag ma'am. We complete that leg, and move downstairs where we wait to board our first flight to Toronto. As soon as the plane hits the air, I realize I have made a grave error. I did take my phenergren! I usually take it the night before so that it's in my system during the day of travel, but I am able to remain alert, but this time, I felt like I was so tired, I could just go to sleep and the motion wouldn't be noticed. It was noticed, with prominent sour jaw! I asked to go to the rear of the plane where I could grab a pill, then I walked to the front of the plant to get a drink of water, another horrible choice.  I really should have asked for ginger ale or coke. Either way, I sat in my seat, ignored the seatbelt light, and began to meditate my nausea out of my mind because I just couldn't do this to Richard again. I could not vomit my guts out in front of him...we are PROFESSIONALS for goodness sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment